Frequently Asked Sign Questions

Please take a moment to review these commonly asked questions about custom signs and banners. You may find the answer to your questions here. If not, please feel free to contact us for assistance.

Q: What types of signs do you offer?
A: We manufacture a wide variety of signs including, but not limited to, outdoor signs, electrical storefront signs with LED or neon, vinyl banners, full color banners, monument signs, dimensional lettering signs, vehicle lettering, and more!
Q: I need a sign. Where do we go from here?
A: Just give us a call! We can discuss you needs with you and discuss the best possible solution for your sign project. We can even arrange a convenient time to meet you at your place of business and around your schedule. One of our knowledgeable sales people will survey your location, explain possible city code requirements, and go over in detail all the various possibilities and costs of the many different types of signs we offer. There is never a charge for this service!
Q: Can I provide my own artwork or logo?
A: Yes you can provide your own artwork, logo, or complete sign layout. For more details on how to format artwork for custom signs please click here to view our Sign Art Instructions page.
Q: What do you charge for artwork, logo design and sign, or banner layout?
A: Artwork that is designed in-house will cost $65.00 per hour. A final proof will be provided to the customer for approval before production begins.
Q: Do I need permits from the city or other agency?
A: Yes. Permits are required for any exterior sign. This often includes planning, building, and electrical if applicable. Our staff will prepare all required plans. This procedure can vary a great deal depending on your jurisdiction and their requirements. Our experienced in-house permit specialists will explain to you all the necessary details and procurement costs involved.
Q: Do you need to be licensed for this type of work?
A: Yes. You need a C-45 licensed electrical sign contractor to perform the installation of certain types of signs such as storefront signs, neon, and ground-mounted signs. The Outdoor Media Group has a C-45 and D-42 license and carries workers' compensation insurance as required by law.
Q: How long will it take to make my sign?
A: Most signs such as banners, vehicle and window lettering, magnetic signs, and trade show related products require a 3-5 day turnaround. Often times it can be even quicker. Larger projects such as electrical storefront signs, monument signs, etc. do require a longer fabrication time and this takes generally 3-4 weeks from the permit approvals. Either way, all signs provided by The Outdoor Media Group are custom built and require appropriate fabrication time to ensure the highest quality possible.
Q: Is a deposit required?
A: Yes. Most jobs require a minimum 50% deposit.
Q: Can custom signs or banners be shipped to me?
A: We ship anywhere in the United States. All orders are shipped from Costa Mesa, CA. We typically ship via UPS or FedEx. Orders can be shipped ground, three day, two day, or overnight if neccessary.
Q: What payment types do you accept?
A: We accept cash, check, VISA and MasterCard


2000 Placentia Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Phone: 949.631.2499


©2015-2016 The Outdoor Media Group. All rights reserved.